Thursday, March 29

Waiting...

Several months ago, I posted a list of prayer concerns. They were pretty general, and you were so faithful to encourage me in those requests.

I've been the recipient of so much encouragement that I haven't wanted to seem to needy in this process. In fact, God has been so good in providing for us that I didn't want my concerns to overshadow what He has already done.

At least, that's what I've been telling myself. Today, I'm concerned that PRIDE is showing its ugly self again. Perhaps I haven't listed some of my concerns, because I want to look like I'm keeping it all together. YUCK! I hate pride, and I truly desire to walk in humility, honesty and truth.

So, truthfully, I've had a difficult week. I have grown weary in waiting for direction. REALLY weary! I'm so ready for Scotty to have a job! I'm so ready to know if we are going to stay in Clinton or move somewhere else. I'm so ready for ANSWERS. And, I'm confessing this to you, because I'd love for you to pray for this area of distrust that I'm experiencing.

Yes, I said it. I'm lacking trust. It sickens me to say it out loud. My God is faithful! He's proven THAT over and over in my life... my WHOLE life, not just the recent months. So, truly, I should trust Him fully even in the waiting time. I can say that I do. But, my thought life screams that I don't.

So, in complete humility (like it almost hurts me to be asking), would you lift up these concerns of mine with me and for me. And ask that the Father would give me MORE trust, MORE belief and MORE faith!

I shared my weariness with a friend earlier this week. The very next morning, I had a text from her with about four scripture passages that spoke of waiting on the LORD. I was so encouraged by them. If you have a minute and know of a scripture that speaks to this state that I find myself in, please post it here on this blog or on my Facebook page. I've got index cards just waiting for new scripture passages!

Thank you!

1 comment :

Julie said...

In the wait....
the Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Ps 29:11

Praying for your strength and peace this week. Love you, sweet friend.

Back to Top