Wednesday, July 17

Simple words...

This morning, I read through a Psalm that I've heard & read many times. Psalm 121 is so uplifting and encouraging, "I will lift up my eyes to the hills; from whence comes my help...."

I know you've heard it before as well. So, I'm not sharing anything NEW this morning, really. But, I tried to slow down as I read and absorb what I was reading. I did not get very far in my reading, because my slowness caused me to get held up in verse 2....

My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

I stalled here in this verse, because I was using the concordance in the back of my Bible. I wanted to turn back and see the Hebrew meaning of any words that were marked. The word, 'made', was marked. And, very simply, it's original word means; to do, to make, to accomplish, to complete.

Ahhhh..... the same God who made, accomplished, and completed heaven & earth can and will help me. That is where my help comes from. That is where your help comes from.

See! I don't have anything HUGE to share today. But, it brought peace to my soul that the same Person, completer of heaven and earth, is the One to whom I am called to look towards for help. HE is THE MAKER, THE ONE WHO ACCOMPLISHES, THE COMPLETER! Why would I need any other help?

So, what's going on with you today? Are there tiny, bothersome issues that aren't necessarily earth shattering in your world but provide just enough distraction to get on your nerves? The LORD who made (accomplished & completed) heaven and earth is your help.

Are you staring at huge issues that are changing or could change the very way that you do life? The LORD who made (accomplished & completed) heaven and earth is your help.

I hope that brings you peace & rest today....

No comments :

Back to Top