Saturday, February 21

My Sister, the Celebrity

My sister and I are so very different. She is EXTREMELY dramatic and I am, well, NOT. At all!

When we were younger -- probably during teenage years -- I remember telling people that she was going to end up heading out to California and making it big in the movie business. And, she could have. The girl can tell a story.

After she and Jeremy were married, they did move out to California. Jeremy joined the Army and was in language school in Monterrey. I was convinced that the "right person" was going to spot her, and she'd have her big break.

Well, it didn't happen. But, she's found a way to become a celebrity.

Jeremy emailed a week or so ago to tell us that Alyson had been chosen as "the face" for Barnes hospital (she is one of their nurses). We logged onto the site of a St. Louis television station to see her beautiful face on an advertisement for the hospital.

Tonight, Jeremy emailed again to let us know that Alyson and her face have "gone national".



If you ask me, they couldn't have chosen a better face.

5 comments :

Michael said...

A star is born!

Stephanie said...

i totally agree with you amy! love me some alyson stories and the thought of getting to hear her tell them LIVE and in person would just be great! thanks for sharing and WAY TO GO ALYSON!
love you all,
steph

Alyson said...

HEY SIS!
How sweet!
Thank you. You are too cute!
Can not WAIT to see you and the Rogers 5 this weekend!!
4 MORE SLEEPS!
Aly/Sassy :)

Unknown said...

Amy,
I am Aly's friend that is lucky enough to hang out with her 'fresh face' every day at work. I feel blessed each day that I can spend with her, because as you already know she is beautiful from the inside out! I am proud to call her my friend!!!
Megan

Dee Dee said...

Hoping you guys are feeling better...no more flu!

I don't think I've ever heard an Alyson story...I'm out of the loop! Only 14 more sleeps until we're in Clinton. Don't you love how we tell time??

Back to Top