Sunday, September 18

STILL good...

Wow! Where does someone in my position begin...? I know it must seem odd that I would write so publicly in my situation. And I'm not sure if writing about life's lessons under such circumstances is proper or good etiquette. BUT... I have ALWAYS been an open book. I've never tried to look like I've got it all together. What I HAVE tried to do is to beVERY vocal about the way in which God shows up in my daily life. Due to the fact that He has been 'showing up' even more than usual, I just can't stand not sharing. If it's uncomfortable to read.... Well, don't! :)

My God is so, so good. I have trusted that for a very long time. You see, I've been a believer since I was 7 years old. Shortly after that, my family's life began to change, and CHANGE became one of the few constants throughout my time growing up. So, looking back, I walked closely with the Lord even then. When I came to MC, I came hungry to learn more about God. And, I was blessed to be in a place where so many people were focused on my spiritual growth. On and on it continues... Marrying a man that 'hungered and thirsted for righteousness', studying in women's Bible studies, experiencing the births of my children, seeing God work in difficult life situations that sweet friends experienced... And through it all, I saw a whole lot of God's goodness. But now, THAT knowledge has moved past my head and DEEP into my heart! I can't explain it with words. But, those of you who have been through hard situations know what I mean.

Let me be clear... Sin is terrible! The consequences are far reaching and long lasting. For that reason, I am even more amazed that God can use even this to bring goodness to me. Yes! Just three weeks after hearing the worst news of my life, I feel God's blessings all over me. I love my husband more than I ever have! I am even more grateful for my amazing, beautiful children. I see God's provisions for us everywhere. And, I am honored to be living THIS life that He has chosen for me! He is GOOD, His mercies are new EVERY morning and HIS grace is sufficient for EVERY situation.

Certainly, I wish we could have learned some of the lessons we've learned in three weeks WITHOUT the disaster that has been our tutor. Don't you know that King David, Peter and even Paul felt the same way. The Bible is full of examples of humans the fell BIG, repented BIG and then were used in a BIG way. I am sticking with this, because my God is faithful! And when He uses this thing that Satan is sure will be the death of us and our testimony and turns it into something beautiful, I don't want to miss it! And I will speak Joseph's message, What you've intended for evil, God has used for good. I love Him so much!

8 comments :

Sonia Wells said...

You are a remarkable woman!! I know that my our family's struggles are not the same as yours, but none the less...you are right!! God's grace is sufficient for all of our needs!! I am not at all thankful for what you and Scotty are going through, but I am very thankful that I can witness the amazing healing power of Christ through it all. You and Scotty have been very dear to us for so long and I am just blessed to have you a part of my life!! Please know always that you and that husband of yours are in the palm of God's hand and he will never let you go. I am here for you and praying for you both always!! Love you so much!!

Sonia Wells said...

Thank you for sharing as you feel led. I don't think you could ever know the impact it could have on people's lives!!

Stephanie said...

So very proud of you my dear friend, but more than being proud of you, I am so proud of this God we serve! Just as I shared with you the other day...BUT God ...only He could work this miracle. When we are weak, He is so strong. A truth you and I learned growing up, but now we both have seen in our lives. I love you so much and can't wait to see how God is going to continue to work. Press on, Amy and Scotty! To Him be all the glory...the world so needs to see this picture of grace and love!
Lots of love and continued prayers,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. You have been on my heart and mind for weeks now. I have been lifting you and your precious family up almost daily. Please know you are a wonderful Godly woman and God has a wonderful plan for you and your family. I will continue to pray for each one of you and your marriage. God bless you all!

Behind Closed Doors said...

Amy, I love you more than ever. I am truly sorry for what i have done to you. I have so many regrets. At the same time, I am so happy to be more in love with you than ever before. God is setting me free from many things and I see life much more clearly than ever. I HATE that something so tragic has happened. God did not wish this to happen BUT He will do something great despite it. I love you baby. You are amazing. Thank you friends for being such an encouragement. Sin sucks like hell...but God is good.

ginny said...

Amy, I have never seen someone live like Jesus through the hard times like you are doing now! You are showing the world a true picture of Christ and i'm so thankful that you are allowing me and others to witness. Praying for you and Scotty daily! Love you and your family.

jenny winstead said...

your testimony and love for the Lord is incredible! He is in the details of your lives and will work this together for good. I am praying for you both! Love you amy!

Carly Winborne said...

I am praying. With wonder and awe of your strength and unbendable faith. Your testimony is growing deeper and wider so that after this road is traveled, you will be so much more of a tool in our Lord's arsenal to reach women. I am super proud of you. Honored to be in your circle. Honored to pray for you daily. What a journey you are marching...keep it up!!

I didn't do Beth Moore's Esther with you, but I think I remember your saying that you had done it in the past (maybe even led it!). Go back to the DVDs, if you can access them or else download them from the Lifeway site. I remember one session in particular that reminds me of you. She's talking about what is the worst thing that could happen to you, then what? Oh, it gives me chills when I think of it combined with you circumstances. I'm praying, dear friend.

Back to Top