I'm not even sure where to start. Just as I was beginning to offer up much thanks that we have missed out on some of the various illnesses moving through our community, the Rogers household has received our share of sickness.
As many of you know, Scotty drives a school bus in the morning so that we can be covered by the State Insurance Plan. In the four years that he has done this, the coverage has been well worth the extra work that he does. Even with the high deductible, we have saved A LOT of money because we have this policy.
It looks like we might meet our 2009 deductible during the month of February which is a record even for us.
Let me just give you the short list...
- Last Monday, Collin and Claire visited their doctor for a croopy cough and yucky snot (sorry to be so gross, but I'm tired and can't come up with a more creative word for snot). So, that's two office visits and 4 prescriptions. $$
- On Wednesday, I went to see my doctor. My pap smear (sorry, guys!) back in July showed abnormal cells, so they needed to do it again. I was happy to do this, because I had so many questions about my headaches, tiredness, etc. Yes, we'd have to pay more money, but maybe I'd get some answers. Well, make that another office visit, two prescriptions and no real answers. $$$
- Friday morning, Scotty's back began to hurt him so badly that he agreed to go visit my chiropractor. He has posted some information on what is going on with him. But, for the purposes of my blog, that is another office visit. AND, Dr. Taylor will need to see him twice a week for the next four weeks and once a week after that. $$$$
STAY WITH ME, THERE'S EVEN MORE!
- Last night, Caleb ran a high fever. He has been coughing but had not complained of feeling poorly. This morning, he woke up with fever again, and his chest hurt. It's...the FLU. Why not?! You guessed it, another office visit and 5 prescriptions. Dr. Purvis went ahead and wrote prescriptions for Collin and Claire in case they come down with flu like symptoms. Did you notice that I said "if" they come down with flu like symptoms? Who am I kidding..."WHEN" they come down with the symptoms. $$$$$
- And, finally, Claire will see a neurologist on Friday morning. We have known about this visit for a while. Due to the fact that she had two febrile seizures within 6 months, they just want us to go ahead and see a neurologist to rule out anything more serious. Our deductible is a wopping $2300, but I'll bet a neurologist fee and a few scans will get us there no problem. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
You won't even believe it, but just now, as I'm typing this whiny post, my doctor's office called to tell me that my second pap smear came back with the same abnormal cells. OF COURSE IT DID!!! So, they will need to do a biopsy.
Wow. Or, as Collin says, "Golleash!" If the bank account ever recovers, I'm not sure that I will. Now, to some degree, you know that I am kidding. There are many people who would love to trade their woes for mine. But, if it's all the same to you, right now I'm just going to whine.
Because I can't think of any great words of wisdom to end with, and I hate that I have complained through one whole post, please go read some good news at this site. I pray that this is the first of LOTS of good news for this precious family. "He GIVES and takes away."
BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!!!
You rarely know how things will turn out, but... - [image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8uoyk5Jw2XILk-cR6Bf8KqzjZqfjgToMotvqsvK0P4ewgkhwQmA] Denzel Washington starred in the movie ...
1 year ago