Wednesday, February 11

A Perfect Day

Yesterday, I never would have believed that it could happen. But, today was FABULOUS.

You heard me correctly. The same person that spent an entire, lengthy post whining just yesterday is bragging about our perfect day today.

Caleb did wake up at 5:00 this morning with major fever. His head was pounding and his entire body was burning up. Motrin worked beautifully and quickly. But, the best news is that Collin and Claire are still flu-free.

Collin pitched a mild fit around 8:00 when he realized Caleb was missing school and I intended to take him to school. So, I responded completely uncharacteristically and I said, "O.K., we'll all stay home."

There was absolutely no reason for Collin to go to school for only 3 hours, but I was still a little nervous that I had made a very bad decision. However, Caleb and Collin thoroughly enjoyed each other today. They played some Wii (shocker), watched a movie, set up the train track and played trains and dressed up for hours. They were so much fun to watch.

On top of that, Claire slept from 10:15 until 2:30.

When Scotty came home for supper, I warned him that, "they might be running out of good", but the goodness continued on through the evening.

Now, tomorrow might be the worst day in the history of bad days, but I'm ready for it. We were blessed with such happy children today, so this memory will keep me going for a while.

2 comments :

Dee Dee said...

Hey! I'm praying for some some healthy days for the Rogers family. As usual, I've gotten behind on reading your blog so I'm just catching up. Mary had her baby Monday night so I've got some blogging to do myself, complete with pics, of course. Glad you had such a good day today - hope tomorrow is just as good! Oh, I also have to tell you about my fitness decision that I may regret...

Heather said...

Woo hoo! I am sooooo excited that today was good! Maybe it will be the first of many! Maybe Caleb is on the downhill of this thing!!! I hope so...ok movie night has to work soon!!!! Keep your fingers crossed:)

Back to Top