Sunday, April 5

Obey: Confusion to Clarity

Over the last few years, I've experienced the exact opposite of clarity. My brain has been in a fog. Our family has been running with our hair on fire to the next day, the next game, the next ministry opportunity, the next (you fill in the blank).

It's all been fun, and I'm extremely grateful for the experiences. As 2019 came to an end, though, my heart began to feel like there had to be something more. In fact, I knew there was something more. I just didn't know where we could possibly fit it. We were going to have to figure out how to do less in order to find the more.

That's when the "foggy brain" took over. For me, doing less always feels like disappointing someone, letting others down, or seeming inadequate. I hate admitting it. But, when I can't think clearly, it's usually because attempting to think for others blocks my ability to think for myself.

Then, God decided we'd all do less... a LOT less..... often nothing at all. And, He decided no one would be immune. The scare of Co-Vid19, practice of social distancing, and quarantine has forced all of us to operate with much less activity.

I know we are all experiencing things differently right now. I realize that many of you are experiencing varying forms of loss, and I do sympathize with that. Still, I have to confess that the shut-down has been amazing for me. Because I can't do the million things each day that had become our normal routine, God has opened my mind to see things with clarity.

For over a year, I've felt the gentle nudge to begin writing again. If you've visited me here before, you know that I've never claimed to be a "real" writer. I just found that it's a good way for me to organize my thought life while sharing lessons God has taught me. Very few things have brought me more joy than encouraging others with something I've learned in a difficult season.

Since 2008 (very off and on), I've shared Bible truths and lessons using my own personal stories, pictures, failures, and wins. Because God is gracious and mighty to use the simple minded and weak, He's miraculously instructed others with my words.

So, here we go, friends. I exercised bold courage this week by asking two friends for help. (This is a post for another day, but I've never really asked for help well.) They both agreed! By the end of my 45th birthday, I had a new set of family pictures and a beautiful new blog design. Thank you, girls!

There's one thing I know to be true about God's will, His plans, and His steps for my life..... He will not direct the next step until I obey the one that's already been given. Without a doubt, I believe I've had difficulty making clear decisions, because I've hesitated to do what I know God has been leading me to do.

Something else I believe to be true about God's will, His plan, and His steps for my life is that His way always leads to LIFE, but I have to choose it.

Choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants.
Deuteronomy 30:19

I want to choose life for me and for my descendants. I also want to choose life for those placed in my care and to whom I have the opportunity to speak. I would love for you to join me in this adventure. I'm committing to write as the Lord leads and teaches. Maybe you need to commit to follow along. 

Doesn't our God have wonderful timing? Currently, I can't meet with my people face to face for Bible study. So, I'll have plenty of time to teach right here. We can learn together, pray together, and be accountable to live the full, abundant LIFE together.

I would love it if you'd join me!

"Happy birthday, Mom."

3 comments :

Mindy Artze said...

So excited you are back to writing. I am looking forward to following along and learning with you.

Unknown said...

Thank you Amy. I know that your heart is in this and through your obedience I will he bkessed and others too. Love you, Kathy

SDUE said...

Yes! I will Follow and join. -Shana bridgepoint

Back to Top