Monday, July 6

State Champions

As most of you know, we have spent our summer playing and watching baseball. Lots of baseball!

Caleb made the 6 year old all star team and practice began 2 days after the regular season ended. I was so happy that he made the team because he LOVES it. I know that some would absolutely hate for their summer to be dictated by baseball, BUT I know that he would not completely enjoy a summer without it.

At first glimpse, I was a little concerned about our little team. O.K., if I'm honest, I was A LOT worried about this team. They could hit for sure, but defensively, no one was really sure what to do with the ball....IF they even got the ball.

Clearly, I didn't give our coaches enough credit. The past two weekends, something clicked for our boys. Everyone seemed to figure out what to do in their new positions. Caleb played pitcher for his regular season team, but he was short stop for this team. He had a lot of new things to learn as well as becoming "o.k." with throwing his whole body in front of baseballs moving QUICKLY. And, once he figured it out, he started to really enjoy it.

This past weekend, we made the trip to Hernando for the Dizzy Dean State championship and WE WON!!!!! They played some really good teams, but they played so well. In fact, the last three games were called in the fourth or fifth inning because we were so far ahead.

They worked hard, played well and we even had some fun together. Collin joined us for this trip while Claire went to MeMe Janet's. He did so well that we are pretty sure he thinks he is 6 just like the big boys. I didn't lose him any, he whined very little and functioned perfectly in the heat with no naps. He joined Caleb's team at the end for high fives and the huddle.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend together...



If I can brag momentarily, Caleb "smoked" the ball to the back fence EVERY time he hit it this weekend. I was nervous for him while he played short stop, but I never worried when he got up to bat. And, if you ask him, he will not hesitate in telling you how many home runs he hit. We are still working on the modesty thing. ALL OF US!!


2 comments :

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Wow! How awesome! And Amy you have certainly become the official baseball mom! So proud for all of you. I do hope we can see each other Saturday. I'll be in touch. Love you much!

Steph

YAY CALEB!

Back to Top