Sunday, March 22

Spring Break -- Short Lived!!

I haven't posted since last Sunday; and, honestly, I haven't had the time. Spring "Break" has actually kept us very busy.

First of all, I am so grateful for the beautiful weather God blessed us with this week. Last weekend, I was a wee bit nervous that I was going to be inside with my 3 C's all week. And, it is never "well with my soul" when we have to spend large amounts of time cooped up together inside.

Monday was still a little cold and damp outside. But, that was the day that we headed South to McComb. Laney opened the gym that she teaches in. The kids jumped and played for several hours with friends that we don't see enough. Then, Laney took us out to see her new house that is being built. Let me just say, you know you're a redneck when...four adults and eight kids climb into the cab of a truck to drive out for a new house viewing. We rode right through a muddy field full of cows, and it was, by far, the highlight of the kid's week. The bonus -- the house is gorgeous.

The remainder of the week was spent at Pump it Up, Brighton Park, the Jackson Zoo, Traceway Park and a birthday party to top it all off. We spent time with great friends including the Williams who left us for Texas back in the fall. Scotty even took the day off on Friday to spend the WHOLE day with us, and that was a treat for everyone. It really was a fabulous week.

It seems that I should be tired after our "break", because we did not rest...at all, really. But, I do feel rested. I believe that watching my children have such a great time and visiting with wonderful friends has been refreshing to my soul.

So, 7 days ago, I just knew that I would be so eager tonight to get back into the routine tomorrow. I'm not. I'd love another week to move at our own pace and just enjoy one another.

But, there is a time for everything. And, tomorrow, it is time to get back to the schedule. The beautiful weather reminds me of something else, though. Summer is on its way.

We can't wait!!!

1 comment :

Stephanie said...

amy,
i pray you've had a good week getting back on a schedule. miss you much. the kids are STILL talking about going to laney's house and riding in the truck. BIG fun! we must do it again very soon, but i promise macy, we really don't talk. we just look at each other...nonverbal communication is AMAZING! ha!
love you much,
steph

Back to Top