Sunday, October 5

Happy Fall, Y'all!

The closer it gets to the Fall season every year, the more I begin anticipating the Canton Flea Market. I love going and looking at the things offered by the MANY, different vendors. I especially enjoy eating the food. But, I mainly enjoy the company. Two years ago, my mom and sister came over for the flea market. We had such a good time, that we made it a tradition. We find great deals, eat good food, but mostly we just laugh.

Our tradition continues, though. On Friday morning, we will leave at lunch time headed for Gulf Shores with the kids. This will be the third year for us to do this. The boys have so much fun. And, although Claire was with us last year, at 3 months old, she didn't experience the beach. So, it will be interesting to see how she likes it.

Mom made the kids a construction paper chain with the same number of links as days until the trip. So, for about a month now, we have been cutting links and counting "sleeps" until our trip. I don't know who is more excited about the fact that there are only 5 more links/"sleeps" -- me or them.

So, Mom and Alyson, I can't wait for the trip. In case you aren't excited enough already, here are some of last year's memories. Can't wait to post this year's pics.

I'm so excited! My sister called as I was writing this post. She has found t-shirts for us to wear to Canton. We should be easy to spot since we'll look just alike, so maybe we'll see you there.

4 comments :

Stephanie said...

So excited about your weekend plans. I pray it is great fun! I won't be making Canton this year. Too many 'needs' around here right now. I'd love for you to stop by on your way to beach if you have time. Just call me. I miss you much.
Love you even more,
Steph

sassy said...

Sis,
SO excited! I want to jump through the computer and snatch up those Rogers babies!! I miss them so much.
We are going to have the MOST FUN EVER!
I can not wait to see you in 1 more sleep (I never count the current day-who would?)
I wrote mom a little poem about our trip -if you were not convinced I was the biggest dork ever tell her to send it to you.
I have been working on stretching out my stomach to make room for all we will be eating. It has been difficult, but a few extra meals a day has increased my stomach capacity by 50%.
CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU AND KID-Os SOON!!! :)
I love you so so so so much Sis,
Aly/Sassy

Dee Dee said...

Hey! Emma and I will be there - maybe we'll run into you in your matching shirts. We'll be on the look-out!!

jenny winstead said...

i added your sweet blog to my list!! i can't wait to get to know you better!! :)

Back to Top