Friday, April 10

A Beautiful Trait

Yesterday, I attended an Easter egg hunt at Collin's school. Along with other Moms, I got there early to hide the eggs at a local park. Then, the kids walked over, hunted their eggs, played a little and ate snack.

They had so much fun, and I really enjoyed watching them. I realized as I was watching how much I LOVE school. I don't know if I just have more than my share of happy, school memories, or if it just comes with my calling as a teacher. Whatever the case, I love school and both boys are blessed with a great one this year.

The kids were playing and the parents and teachers were standing around watching and visiting. One of Collin's teachers (who is also a friend of mine) came over to brag on Collin a little bit. And, I admit, I do love to listen to someone brag on one of my children.

She went on and on about what a "cool" kid he is. She has no idea that she chose one of the few adjectives that he would use to describe himself. He loves that word.

But, then she began to talk about how sweet he is. I laughed (so relieved, really) and she said, "He is the friend to the friendless." Apparently, that is a phrase she uses often to describe him, because he demonstrates kindness to those children without a friend on occasion.

Now, I did not plan to post about this conversation as we were having it, but I haven't been able to get it off of my mind. What a great trait!

So, as I said in his birthday post, I aspire to be a little bit more like Collin...the friend to the friendless.


AND, HAPPY EASTER FROM THE ROGERS!!!



1 comment :

Stephanie said...

Oh, Amy...a wonderful trait indeed! :) So proud of you and Scotty and the men of God you are raising up... not to mention that sweet baby girl, Claire. Keep doing what you're doing and that is pouring Jesus into their lives. So proud to call you one of my DEAREST and BESTEST friends! I love you much and thank God for you.
He is RISEN!
Steph

Back to Top