Wednesday, May 13

Writer's Block

Wow. I can't seem to get motivated to update this blog. Maybe it is because there is just SO MUCH I could write about. I've gotten so far behind that I don't know where to start.

Since my last post...

-Collin has finished his first year of preschool. He LOVED his school, his teachers, and his friends. And, he is very ready for summer. Today was the day for their end of the year party. Collin was up and dressed at 6:10 in his "party clothes" which were brown shorts, socks & tennis shoes AND his Indian Pow Wow shirt (the shirt made by his teacher for their pow wow at Thanksgiving). The funny thing is that no one at his school was shocked. They are all very familiar with Collin coming to school in odd outfits. Most recently...white ninja, cowboy, Indian, and Batman -- just to name a few.

-Claire has an ear infection AGAIN! I'm pretty sure the last one never cleared up, and that is frustrating to me. As we enter into the long awaited summer swim time, I do not want to be faced with ear issues. She is saying lots of new words and has gotten really good at throwing herself out in the floor when things don't go her way. Since she is the third child, that is often.

-Caleb is one week shy of finishing Kindergarten. I CAN'T believe it. The year has flown by, but he has grown up so much during it. His teacher sent me his reading level yesterday. I am proud to say that he is ALMOST reading at the level they like for first graders to be reading by the end of the year. Amazing! He is also playing baseball -- which he LOVES. His little team is undefeated which he announces to everyone. Only when he says it, he says..."We don't ever lose." Humility. That's his best quality. But, coming from the mother who just announced her son's reading level online, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

-I am, well, surviving. As school comes to an end, I have gotten a little overwhelmed thinking about the days when all three will be in school. I feel as though I barely survived one in school and one in preschool. But, it has all been so fun -- at least what I remember. I'm still running some with Scotty. And, I've had some interesting new opportunities in my group fitness world. More to come on that later. I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day, complete with a gift card to Aqua the Day Spa. :)

-Finally, Scotty is now the Minister to Children at First Baptist Church. It still seems unreal. The process leading to this has been interesting. I won't type it all here. But, last year, we were amazed to find that we actually "fit" at First Baptist Clinton as members. Those of you that know our church struggles know what I am talking about. And, now, this is the very church that God has chosen to be Scotty's first full time ministry position. His ways are not our ways, yet we couldn't be happier with the path He has placed us in.

Thanks to all of you who have let me know you miss my posts. I have missed writing. But, during this time that I took to update, Claire has written all over her hands and legs, Collin has taken off the clothes that I put him in for church and changed...3 times, and Caleb has been so very quiet that I am really scared to go downstairs and see what he has been up to.

Time for a Spa Day!!!

4 comments :

jenny winstead said...

so glad you updated your blog! now if i can just get heather to update. however, being that y'all aren't stuck in an office for 9 hours a day, i can see how you wouldn't have time to update, after all, playing with children is SO much more fun! :)
happy to hear about scotty and FBC. that's AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like things are moving along and going well for y'all! How many ear infections has Claire had?

Amy said...

Dr. Claire, I don't know if you'll check back. But, this is only Claire's 3rd ear infection. She had one back in November. Then, she got one not quite a month ago. This is the same ear, and I just really don't think it cleared up with the first round of antibiotics. She was digging in it and hurting too soon after our last dose. I'm going back after we finish this round to have them look at it.

Thanks for checking.

Amy

Unknown said...

:-) I remembered the first time she'd had one and thought it was a lot closer to now. You're right, probably didn't clear up!

Back to Top